http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/pakindmuziq/Bollywood-Section-banner-4.png

Simran On The Move

>> 4.7.09

Simran On The Move

Marriage and motherhood can bring about beautiful changes in a woman’s life. Of course, it’s a matter of perception. But it is also naturally true. Ask Simran. The beautiful heroine -- who remained at the top slot in Telugu and Tamil films for several years before tying the knot with her childhood friend Deepak Bhaga -- will vouch for it.

‘‘I agree marriage may be termed as a better form of compromise,’’ the comely actress said during an exclusive interview at the Taj Residency in Hyderabad recently. ‘‘but it makes you a more mature and responsible human being.’’

Can you guess what’s Simran’s first priority in life now?

‘‘It’s certainly my son Adheep. He’s not even a year old, but he’s become more important than my own self!’’ she said with twinkling eyes and an animated expression on her attractive face.

‘‘Motherhood is a beautiful responsibility and I’m loving it. It has made my life meaningfully busy like never before.’’

The unmistakable glow on her face reinforces her statements. Simran admits she had put on weight after pregnancy. ‘‘But I was determined to get back to shape and so did work-outs with regularity,’’ she revealed. Asked why she had given her son Adheep an unusual name, she explained, ‘‘Har maa ki ichcha hoti hai ke woh apne bachche ko koi ‘different’ naam de. When I was going through different names in a book, I stumbled upon Adheep and thought it was a unique name. It means caring.’’

Contrary to the contemporary trend, Simran strongly believes that couples should not restrict themselves to having just one child.

‘‘It is always preferable to have two children. If a married couple has a single child, he becomes lonely as he grows up. I can tell this from experience as there was an eight-year gap between me and my younger sister. And then, if both the parents of the kid go to work, and the granny is preoccupied with meditation, the scene gets even worse. Finding no one of his age to communicate with him, the child ultimately becomes a bad communicator.’’

Oh, so does that mean films won’t figure among the top priorities of Simran in the next few years?

‘‘It’s true that I’ll have to become very choosy about films now. I obviously can’t be doing eight or ten movies a year like before. But certainly, I will not call it quits.’’

Does she not for once feel that she’s missing the arc lights and the glamorous moments heroines of her stature get so used to?

‘‘Look, even when films were my first priority, I never allowed success to go over my head. I consciously considered glamour and publicity to be part of my work. That’s why I never made a single personal friend in the film industry -- I consider all my co-stars as colleagues. I never attended hi-profile parties. Instead, I preferred to return home after shooting and watch television. That’s precisely why I don’t miss the kind of everyday attention a heroine normally gets so used to.’’

Simran’s been away from films for nearly two years. Since then, no heroine in the Telugu film industry has been able to fill the top slot. What does Simran think could be the reason for this?

‘‘I can only say that heroines today have developed a great dressing sense and are very conscious about looking glamorous. Of course everybody is working hard in their own way. But perhaps no one is working as hard as is required to reach the top slot.’’

Privacy Policy: "We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, "click here"

Pictures are colected on the web, please email webmaster when you found any illegal content Contact Webmaster

  © Powered By Blogger